Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Taking a rest from taking photos...

(if you're here for photography, better move on to the previous/next post)
I took a break from taking photos and had sometime to do my other hobby.  Fishing.  I have fished in the ocean and in rivers before but never in a lake. And since I was in the land of 10,000 lakes,  I figured, I should get some time to try it out.

Now, if you know me from college, you'd know that one of my goals in life was to catch a large mouth bass(or any freshwater bass for that matter.  I've been fascinated about this fish for years now.  I never seen a live one outside of those on TV.  It has been a dream of mine since then....until last Sunday.


So we went to a lake outside the city.  I've been lookig forward to my first cast on the lake.  This will be my first time using fake baits, too.  I was feeling something biting the bait but was impatient for the first couple of times and lost my fish. On my third cast, I just let the fish nibble the bait,  and when it finally took it, I hooked her up and started reeling her in.

It gave a good fight for around 5 minutes.  And it tried to hide underneath the grass.  My patience prevailed and finally landed it.  It was a very nice Largemouth Bass.  Nice catch for my first fish here, huh?


It was a good sized fish.  It was about 1 1/2 lb and about 15in long.  I also got a smaller one a few minutes later.


It was a good day of fishing, and a welcome change from taking pictures. 

No comments: