Friday, March 5, 2010

one/project day five: eXtraordinary service begins with me


Nikon D70, 50mm 1.8, Yongnuo 460II
f/2.8, 1/25, ISO 200
Strobist: Flash from behind subject with blue gel at 1/4 power; Reflector from the waist level reflecting fluorescent bulb from above

This was our motto when I was back in customer service eons ago. I guess I liked it, and it shows that I still kept  the free shirt. Anyways, this week has been nothing more than extraordinary.  It has been really fun doing this each day.  I still can't get over the look people give when they see me shooting myself in weird places.

The lighting technique for today is the total opposite of day four. Day four was Flash as my main light with the sun (available light) as my kicker. Today, I used the flash as my kicker and available light (fluorescent bulb reflected to a gold round reflector) as my main light.  I haven't done this kind of technique before and it was nice trying it out.  Hope you like it.

At the end of this 7 day project I'll be posting some observations and the things I learned. I can say that right now, my confidence is growing, and I can feel like I can shoot total strangers without any problem.

Update: Links to each day's posts

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7

No comments: