Monday, March 23, 2009

Events: A Walk for Peace with Jean Beliveau

(

Had a chance last Sunday to join Jean Beliveau continue his mission of walking around the world for peace. This was his only stop to Manila, Philippines in his 11 year journey around the world.

More photos and his amazing journey after the jump.










Jean has been walking for the last nine years for the benefit of children's charities and foundations. You can read more about his mission here.

In his stop to Manila, his efforts will benefit the Virlanie Foundation. I joined my wife's company in joining this event. I wish my company has the same kinds of activities.

Jean has walked from Canada 9 years ago and has not gone back on his mission to walk around the world. He is probably in Malaysia now, walking the streets. I hope he has a safe trip and I can't wait to see him get back to Canada. Hats off to this guy.





We walked from the historical Rizal Park up to the CCP grounds. We saw a number of famous people, such as Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim and Leo, who was the first filipino ever to got to the summit of Mt. Everest. I even had the chance to carry one of the Walk for Peace Flags.


My wife posing with Jean and myself with Mayor Lim. One of the advantages of arriving early...




Also check out http://www.wwwalk.org/ and http://www.virlanie.org/


No comments: