Sunday, March 8, 2009

Travel: 13th Annual Balloon Festival 2009

I recently went to see the 13th Annual Balloon Festival in Clark Pampanga (that's in the Philippines, for those readers from outside the Philippines) to take a break from my day job and relax a little. I went with my wife, who has dreamed of taking a ride in one of these balloons.

More after the jump.
___


I inquired with one of the "pilots" (didn't if this was what they were called) and he said it'll cost us Php 8000/person (about USD$40). Not really a bad deal if you look at it. Then I learned that this does not include any insurance if the balloon ride turns into a thrill ride. I have seen a lot of vids from tv and the net showing balloons crashing, burning while in the air, and getting tangled into street electric cables.

I went back to my wife and told her the most believable excuse I could think of: that they don't allow people to join the flight unless they're properly trained. She believed me. I did tell her later on that I lied, and told her the risks involved.


I was surprised that she wasn't a little bit angry. She later told me that she would like to go bungee jumping instead (yikes).







It was a fun and relaxing day nevertheless. Plus, I got to see (and take some out takes) a photo shoot with model/actress/host/beauty queen Maggie Wilson. Did not know who the photographer was, but I'll post a separate piece on this and post the photogs pic as well as some more photos of Maggie.
As always you can click on the all the photos to get a bigger version for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: