Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Portraits: Beauty Queen Maggie Wilson

()



I had the chance to take some shots of beauty queen Maggie Wilson a few weeks ago during the13th Annual Balloon festival a few weeks ago,. which I blogged about here. She was having a shoot with another photographer and from the looks of it, was for a fashion or glamour piece.
More of this story (and photos) after the jump.
___

Maggie is this month's cover for FHM Philippines which you can find here.
It was 2pm and the blazing sun was burning my forehead. The balloons were replaced by kites as the heat of the sun could damage the balloons. Nothing really interesting, except for an exhibit from the Armed Forces of the Philippines, showcasing their guns, tanks, jets, missiles etc. I turned the corner outside teh exhibit building to check out the old military jeeps on exhibit when I saw Maggie sitting on top of one of the jeeps! Wow what a bonus. All of a sudden the sun wasn't a problem and I couldn't care less for my now sun burnt forehead. This was a chance that I wouldn't give up. She was nice enough to give me and some other photographers a few poses even if we were not really her actual photographer. She was very beautiful and a really good model too.


Some of the marines joined the action. A few good (and lucky) men indeed.

These are best seen larger. Click on the photos above to get a better view. This set is also part of my portfolio which hopefully will be up soon.

Update: for some reason, the pics above could not be clicked to enlarge. Sorry for that. You will still be able to see this set once the portfolio is up. Thanks.

No comments: